Join the Long Distance Trails Crew and help build and restore the Long Path at the north end of Tallman Mountain.
These volunteer lead worktrips are open to everyone: experienced trail builders seeking to develop their skills, as well as people with no experience looking to try something new and give back to the trails they enjoy.
The crew works Friday, Saturday, Sunday every other week. Details for each worktrip will be posted on a rolling basis. Register here to be included on the LDTC Mailing List and receive details on upcoming worktrips.
We will meet at the public parking lot near Tallman Mountain in Piermont, NY. The entrance is on Gair Street. The GPS will take you to 63 Ohio Street but you can’t enter from Ohio Street. You have to get there from Gair Street.
Work will begin at about 8:45 and end about 3 PM.
- Wear sturdy boots or shoes, long pants and bring your work gloves.
- Bring your lunch and plenty of water.
- Safety glasses and hard hats are required. If you do not have your own, they will be provided and it is required that they be worn.
- Training is hands-on. No experience required.
- Prior to your first workday, please complete the Volunteer Service Agreement:
- This form must be completed once every calendar year, for each park you work in.
- Selec "Palisades Region" then "Tallman Mountain State Park."
- For volunteers under age 18, please submit a Guardian Consent form to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the volunteer day or bring the paper form the day of.
- A parent or guardian must be present for the volunteer day.
Visit the Long Distance Trails Crew web page to learn more about our Trail Crew.
If you have any questions please contact Chris Reyling (914) 953-4900
126 Gair St
Piermont, NY 10968
Additional worktrip information