The links below will be useful to anyone looking to maintain or blaze a trail to Trail Conference standards. The reporting forms and other documents for assigned Trail Maintainers are available through the Dashboard, the Volunteer Forms page, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're looking to learn about designing and constructing trails instead, click here.
- Online Hour Submission
Volunteer hours are submitted through the online reporting form. Instructions for using the form can be found here, and additional resources are available on the Dashboard which all volunteers have access to.
- Condition Reporting
Volunteers should communicate regularly with their Supervisors regarding trail conditions and other narrative information. Volunteers can track their information on the Trail Volunteer Worksheet, and more information about this communication and condition reporting can be found in the instructions linked above.
- Trail Conference Trail Maintenance Manual, 8.2nd Edition (updated 2022)
The purpose of the Trail Maintenance Manual is to define the role of a trail maintainer and serve as a reference document to supplement formal classroom instruction and on-the-job training. Consider this your go-to resource for maintenance information. This version is formatted for computer screens and printing on 8.5" by 11" paper.
- Trail Conference Trail Maintenance Manual, 8.2nd Edition Phone Version (updated 2022)
This is the latest version of the Trail Maintenance Manual, formatted for easier display on a mobile device. Download this version to your smartphone for easy access on the trail.
- Trail Conference Trail Maintenance Manual Pocket Guide (2020)
This is the PDF version of the abbreviated 3" by 5" pocket guide to the Trail Conference's Trail Maintenance Manual, which is on three, 3-by-5-inch plastic cards, suitable for carrying with you into the field. Trail maintainers who do not have the cards should work with their supervisor to obtain a set. (Supervisors who are out of a stash should email email@example.com).
- Additional resources:
- Trail Conference Maintainer's Best Practices
- Trail Conference Trail Maintenance 101 Charts
- Online Learning Library: A recorded version of the Trail Maintenance Workshop Webinar is available for new trail maintainers or individuals who are interested in learning more about trail maintenance.
- Avenza Maps User Guide
- Trail Conference Guidelines for Blazing Trails
- Trail Conference Recommended Blaze Paint Colors
- Trail Conference Blazing Trail Junctions
- Trail Conference Blaze Descriptions in the Trail Database